• We are looking for an accountant to handle day-to-day bookkeeping to maintain accurate, complete and timely information to achieve overall department objectives.
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Record, classify and summarize accounting transactions to compile various documents and verify their accuracy.
- Assemble documents for computer input of itemized charges, account numbers, total costs and to authorize payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Post journal entries accurately to tally balance sheets.
- Maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding and updating.
- Respond to inquiries to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Compute figures to determine balance, differences, adjustments, reviewing and totals to reconcile all transactions at the end of each day.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the company’s petty cash operations through proper inspection and payments of bills, receipts and cash count.
- Check & Book expenses and prepare monthly account reconciliations and examine supplier invoices for accuracy and issue cheque in time for accurate allocation of payments against invoices.
- Conduct month end closing activities so that all current costs must be reflected as expenses of the current month.
- Follow up with customer for the pending payments, the reconciliation of customer account, and generating customer invoices.
Apply for this position
- Educational Qualification: Bachelors of Accounting
- Additional Qualification: Working knowledge in Excel
- Years of Experience: 2+ years in Accounting
- Job specific skills: Book keeping & Accounting principles, MS Office proficient, Attention to detail
- Key competencies: Communication, Planning & organizing, multi-tasking